Skip to main content

Excellence, Collaboration, Integrity, Respect.

Reverse Transfer

Reverse Transfer


What is reverse transfer?

When a Sandburg student transfers to another college or university without completing their AA, AS or AFA degree, you can use the classes you are taking there to complete your associate degree by reverse transferring your credits.


Send your transcripts from the college or university you are attending back to Carl Sandburg College. We will evaluate the classes you are taking and if you meet our degree requirements, you will be awarded an Associate in Arts, Associate in Science or an Associates in Fine Arts degree.


Why is an AA/AS degree important?

It is always better to have a college degree and employers are always looking for employees with higher education. Also, you may have already completed all the classes you need for a degree and don’t even realize it.


How do I reverse transfer my classes so I can earn an AA/AS/AFA degree?

Go to your current college or university registrar’s office and request your transcripts to be sent to:

Carl Sandburg College

Office of Admissions & Records

2400 Tom L. Wilson Blvd.

Galesburg, IL 61401

Once your transcripts are sent, email Angela Snow to let her know you are interested in reverse transfer. Once your transcripts are received, we will let you know if you have completed your degree or what other classes you need to take.

If you have any questions, please contact Misty Lyon, Dean of Student Success at 309.341.5422 or