The resources listed below provide valuable information and support. Check out these sites for help with issues such as stress, anxiety, depression, and suicide. Geared to the college community, U Lifeline offers a 10-minute mental health evaluation about yourself or a friend, and based on the test results, helpful suggestions and referrals.
National Crisis Hotlines:
- AIDS Hotline – 202-332-AIDS (2437)
- Alcohol and Drug Helpline – 800-821-HELP (4357)
- Childhelp, Child Abuse Hotline – 800-4-A-CHILD (422-4453)
- Crisis Hotline – 888-793-4357
- DC Rape Crisis Center Hotline – 202-333-7273
- Grief Recovery Helpline – 800-445-4808
- National Hopeline Network – 800-273-TALK (8255)
- Suicide Prevention – 800-273-8255
- For community referrals, please click on Helping Hand Booklet for numerous free resources and services in Knox County and surrounding areas.
Veterans Counseling Resources
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs GI Bill Website has information on health care and educational benefits and more.
- 888-273-TALK (8255) 24 hour hotline