Skip to main content

Excellence, Collaboration, Integrity, Respect.

Transferring From Another School?

student in class room

Transferring from another school?


Transferring from another college or...
Enrolling as a summer student?

  1. Complete the Sandburg Application for Admission by clicking Apply Now.
  2. Have your official high school and any post-secondary transcripts indicating date of graduation, or an GED score report be sent to the Admissions and Records Office, Carl Sandburg College, 2400 Tom L. Wilson Blvd, Galesburg, IL 61401.
  3. Click on the “Class Search” link at to view classes offered through Sandburg.
  4. Contact the Carl Sandburg College Welcome Center at or 309.345.3500 to begin the registration process.

NOTE: In addition to the above steps, students from other colleges who are enrolling in a Math or English course must:

  • Provide a college transcript or grade report (at the time of your advising appointment) which documents enrollment in previous Math or English coursework. Placement tests results which provide Math and English recommendations from a previously attended institution are also acceptable.OR...
  • Complete the COMPASS placement exam prior to your advising appointment. Call (309) 345-3500 to set up an appointment.