Linda started teaching for the Center for Agriculture, Business & Industry and College for Seniors arms of Sandburg in 1994, teaching various computer software packages and a myriad of professional development seminars ranging from personal improvement, human resources, communication, management topics and organizational development to digital photography. In 2001 Linda began teaching full-time as a Computer Information Systems Instructor on the Galesburg campus.
Previous to teaching Linda held various roles ranging from Secondary Marketing Manager, Data Processing Manager, General Manager, Controller and Vice President in the banking, re-manufacturing and consulting fields. No matter what position she held, she always ended up being responsible for the computer and data communication equipment and programs… which is always okay with her! Linda loves everything about technology and keeping abreast of what is on the horizon.
In her spare time, Linda loves traveling with her husband and spending time with her grand kids. Sports (both watching and participating) are always high on the priority list at the Lee household!
I am an instructor because I have a passion for guiding students through the learning process, in addition to a passion for the technology I teach. One of the most important concepts I hope to impart to students is that learning is a process that never ends, particularly when dealing with cutting edge technology! I hope to develop relationships with students that allow me to reach them on a personal level. My overriding goal is to help the student achieve his or her best and truly make a difference in their lives.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Cisco Certified Academy Instructor
- Microsoft Certified IT Academy Instructor
- BlackBoard/WebCT Senior Level Certified Trainer
- SalesLogix Certified Developer
- SalesLogix Certified Trainer
- Who Moved My Cheese Certified Trainer
- Various professional development certificates
Previous Teaching Experience:
- Corporate Trainer for 4 years traveling nationwide conducting training workshops for business.
- Computer Software & Soft-Skills Training Facilitator, Sandburg Center for Agriculture, Business & Industry and College for Seniors
- Sandburg CIS Instructor part-time 1999-2001
- IFDA Online University
- Charter Member, Springfield Chapter of InfraGard (InfraGard provides a trusted forum for the exchange and channeling of information and subject matter expertise related to the protection of our nation’s critical infrastructure from both physical and cyber threats.)
- Illinois Community College Trustees Association Faculty Member of the Year, 2006
- Rotary Club of Galesburg Outstanding Vocational/Community Service Leader of the Month Award, 2006
- CertMag 500 Evaluation and Review Board
- Board Member and Internal Auditor, The Armoury Community Center & Starting Point Ministrie
- Volunteer, Hospice Compassus
- Sponsor, 180 Youth of First Christian Church
- Various campus committees including Instructional Technology; Student Services; Faculty Assessment & Growth; and Faculty Peer Group
- Junior Achievement parent leader
- Team leader Warren County Relay-for-Life
- Multi-Media Team, First Christian Church
- Licensed (but not currently active) foster care provider